Current project status?

May 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM

First I'd like to say that I'm very happy with the initiative to port the original Factory to a version workable with WM6.x and VS2008. Good job!

I do however have a few questions about the current status of this project. Is the project still under development (so 'in beta'), or is there a release available that is already usable in production software?

Can someone please point me to some documentation about this project? I'm interested in where to start with a new project, based on this factory. If possible I'd also like to see some code samples.

Thanks in advance!
Brinkie

May 28, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Hi Brinkie,

First of all thanks for your interest on the project.

The published blocks are feature complete at this time. We are hosting the project on CodePlex for getting feedback from the community and help on testing the blocks even in production software.

The port has been built from the stable MCSF and the changes we introduced are also coming from a reliable source, and following TDD. Additionally, the blocks are open source and extensible, so you can adapt them according with your particular needs if required.

Regarding documentation, we are working on it. We’re planning to post an early version of the CHM soon, even if it’s not complete. Besides the official CHM, we’ll continue writing posts regarding the blocks on my blog Mobile PractiCEs and Kzu’s blog.

You can also take a look at MobileContrib where Andy Wigley and Nick Randolph are publishing "Quick starts" for the blocks. In fact, you already have a couple of very nice QuickStarts regarding the ContainerModel block in the path “Mobile Application Blocks\Blocks\ContainerModel\QuickStarts

Cheers,

-Joe

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:24 PM

I really honor this project and the Mobile Contribute too.

What about conjoining these projects and will they ever be posted on the microsoft pattern & practice website?

What are the future plans and current workings on?

Chers, svbirdy