CAB

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Hi,

Thank you for upgrading mcsf application blocks. What about cab? I hope you will upgrade cab too, atleast smartparts, workspaces and mvp pattern.

regards,

Petri P.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Did you take a look at the quickstarts included with the new ContainerModel block?

That's the one that replaces CAB. There are no plans to upgrade smartparts and workspaces, as they didn't make much sense (IMO) in the mobile world in the first place. The new model is much simpler and familiar to the traditional way.

MVP doesn't need to be upgraded :). You can see it in action in those quickstarts.

Let us know what you think!

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:08 PM

No i didn't, sorry about that. Yes, mvp does not need upgrading but whole mcsf needs. We are using smartparts and workspaces in our apps where users follow process like program flow with lots of views. We even use your orient aware commercial control ;)

regards,

Petri

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Now I checked it and it looks very promising for us.  If it would support workspaces and smartparts it would be even better ;)

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM

don't hold your breath ;)

shouldn't be too hard to bring those in and put them in mobilecontrib, would it? :)